Saturday, March 10, 2012

I got great news last week! Last week was my 100 day appointment. All of my test results came back good. The one we were most concerned with was the bone marrow test. It came back showing no CML cells. No cancer cells present....yeah! Ron diffidently has some great bone marrow he gave me. I got to have my central line taken out. It's so wonderful to have a shower without wrapping yourself up in plastic trying to protect that area. I am now only seeing my Dr every other week and I know longer have a home health care nurse come to my home. I am really on my way. Unfortunately I am still not out of the clear. I am still at high risk for graph vs host disease. That is where my body fights off what Ron has donated. I cannot be around large crowds of people but I can get out a bit now as long as I wear my mask.
The Dr has started slowly taking me of pro-graph, which is the drug that has been suppressing my immune system. This usually takes about 3 to 6 months to totally be off of that drug and then I will hopefully have a strong immune system all my own. I will have to get all my immunizations done again just like a newborn.
I have been feeling pretty good and I am still happy!
I really want to let you all known how grateful I am for you and your families support. Thank you for keeping me and my family in your prayers. It is a great strength to me knowing I have your love and support.
Lots of love to you all.

4 comments:

  1. Denise,
    I am so happy for you! What a blessing! I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Keep up the good fight! Sending a hug your way!(I also told your Mom to give you one).
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of you often and am so happy to read you are getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise, That is so wonderful. We are so grateful to read how you are doing better. God is with you and your wonderful family. Your perseverance and faith is such a great example to us all.
    We pray for you!
    Bryce and Lynnette McConkie

    ReplyDelete
  4. YaY!! The best news ever!! So happy for you :) Hugs Hugs Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete